Bless Mt. Holly
Is God calling you to BLESS Mt Holly through adoption of a street and praying for the people who live, work, worship and study on that street? Why “adoption?” If a street is adopted in prayer, it plants seeds of love for the people on the street to come to know Christ, to know their inheritance in Him, to no longer feel abandoned, but hopeful for their future as adopted true heirs to God’s Kingdom. And if hope is restored to Mt Holly, envision the physical, mental, emotional, relational, and spiritual freedom that will follow!
1. B – Begin with Prayer. Ask, ‘God how do you want me to bless the people on the street you’ve given me?’ If walking, ask God to give you opportunities to meet people. Pray for peace and blessings on your street, from wherever you are (Luke 10:5).
2. L – Listen to people. Fellowship with those on the street by walking the street and praying, smiling, saying Hi, conversing. Listen to their struggles, their pain, their joys. (Luke 10:7).
3. E – Eat with them. Develop relationships over coffee, a meal, a bottle of water, a snack.
4. S – Serve – If you listen to people and eat with people, they will tell you how to love them and you’ll know how to serve them. Pray for the felt needs of those on your adopted street – pray for healing, for wholeness of body, spirit, mind, finances, relationships, emotions, safety (Luke 10:9a).
5. S – Story – When the time is right, only if prompted by the Holy Spirit, talk and share the story of how Jesus changed your life. Pray for an opportunity for them to hear the good news of the Gospel through you, or someone else in the future (Luke 10:9b).
B – Begin with Prayer. Ask, ‘God how do you want me to bless the people on the street you’ve given me?’. Pray for peace and blessings on your street, from wherever you are (Luke 10:5).
L – Listen to God – How does God want you to pray for the people on your street?
E – Every day pray for your street.
S – Seek God’s will for healing, wholeness of body, spirit, mind, finances, relationships, emotions, safety.
S – Spirit– ask the Holy Spirit to open the minds and hearts of the people on your street to receive the good news of the Gospel through someone He sends into their lives.
Why do we adopt streets and the people who live and travel on them?
Romans 8:15 says: “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again, rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” When we adopt the people who travel and live on the streets, they are no longer “orphans” but we present them to God as His children.
From where do our street adoption guidelines come?
Luke 10:5, 7, 9a, 9b
“When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’“- Pray for peace and blessings.
“Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you” – Fellowship
“Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’” – Pray for felt needs and share your story of how Jesus changed your life. Pray for an opportunity for them to hear the good news of the Gospel through you or someone else in the future.
Our hope for Mt. Holly
Isaiah 62:12 They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.
For questions, please contact Sheryl Markley, Prayer Coordinator at email@example.com
or call the church office at 609-267-0330